Workshop at the Museum
Ontario: grade 4
Quebec: elementary cycle 2.
Explore the beautiful Canada Goose Arctic Gallery. Touch and examine plant and animal specimens and describe and consider their amazing adaptations.
In this workshop, students discover predator-prey relationships and build an understanding of how the community of Arctic species haven't just adapted to the cold, but also to each other!
Duration: 50 minutes.
Curriculum links (link goes to the bottom of the page).
- October 1, 2019 – June 4, 2020
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- November 22, 29
- December 6, 13, 20
- March 27
- April 3, 17, 24
- May 1, 8, 15, 22
- June 12, 19
- Workshop start times: 9:45 am, 11 am, 12:15 pm.
- $1 per student, in addition to museum admission (admission: $9)
- Tax is not included
- See if your class qualifies for Nature Express, our financial-aid program.
Information and Reservations
- TTY: 613.566.4770
- TTY: 1.866.600.8801
Science and Technology
Understanding Life Systems
Relating Science and Technology to Society and the Environment
- Learn how different animals survive in their Arctic habitat, and how they and humans all affect each other
Elementary Cycle 2
Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Identify characteristics, growth and organization of organisms
- Observe interactions between living organisms and their environment (including humans)
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: