Gross Anatomy: Digestion
Workshop at the Museum
Ontario: grade 5
Quebec: elementary cycle 3.
Squeeze food through a life-sized digestive tract, handle animal skulls and teeth, and dissect a real owl pellet; this hands-on workshop has it all!
Learn the names and roles of the organs of the digestive system. Make the connection between food and energy. Discover how organ systems work in unison to meet our needs and can reveal our place in the food chain.
Duration: 50 minutes.
Curriculum links (link goes to the bottom of the page).
- October 1, 2019 – June 19, 2020
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- November 22, 29
- December 6, 13, 20
- March 27
- April 3, 17, 24
- May 1, 8, 15, 22
- June 12, 19
- Workshop start times: 9:45 am, 11 am, 12:15 pm.
- $1 per student, in addition to museum admission (admission: $9)
- Tax is not included
- See if your class qualifies for Nature Express, our financial-aid program.
Information and Reservations
Because the museum is currently closed as a precautionary measure against the COVID-19 virus, we are not taking reservations at this time.
Science and Technology
Understanding Life Systems: Human Organ Systems
Understanding Basic Concepts
- Identify major systems in the human body and describe their roles and interrelationships.
- Describe the basic structure and function of major organs in the digestive system.
Elementary Cycle 3
Mathematics, Science and Technology
Competency 1: To propose explanations for or solutions to scientific or technological problems
Essential Knowledges / Living Things / Matter
- Metabolism of plants and animals, Anatomy of animals.
Essential Knowledges / Living Things / Systems and Interaction
- Interaction between living organisms and their environment.
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: