Research and Collections Facility
- Event – Self-guided tour; hands on; informal conversation
- Generally suitable for children aged 5 and older.
Location: 1740 Pink Road, Gatineau (Aylmer sector), Quebec
Experience this once-a-year opportunity to explore the museum's research and collections facility in Gatineau, Quebec.
Discover the impressive national collections of plants, animals, fossils and minerals, housed in an area equivalent to five hockey rinks!
Meet leading science experts who curate and study the collections, and visit labs.
Among the highlights:
- see dinosaur bones, ice-age animals and other fossil treasures
- explore the Herbarium with plants of all kinds preserved for study;
- marvel at the wall of antlers, whale bones and skeletons in our large-skeleton room
- learn how dinosaur fossils are prepared for study and display;
- get up-clget up-close to crustaceans, mussels and clams, and tiny insects
- visit the Wet Lab for reptiles, amphibians and fish
- admire rare books from our library
- see special displays from the Bank of Canada Museum, the Students on Ice Foundation and the Canadian Ocean Literacy Coalition.
Photos are permitted. Tripods and additional lights are not permitted.
Tours are self-guided.
Reservations: Not required.
- 1740 Pink Road, Gatineau (Aylmer sector), Quebec
- Google map.
Parking: Free; on-site and in the neighbourhood.
- Catering by Gourmet Cuisine.
For conservation reasons, please leave large backpacks, food and beverages in your car.
Saturday, October 19
10 am – 4 pm
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: