Visiting with Kids
A day at the Canadian Museum of Nature is non-stop fun for kids of all ages!
Check out What's On to see all the family activities and plan your day.
In Our Galleries
All of our galleries and exhibitions feature interactive activities that are a fun way to learn.
Canada Goose Arctic Gallery
- Touch the ice and walk in between the cracks while you watch projections of polar bears swimming and flowers blooming on our giant ice installation in the Canada Goose Arctic Gallery.
- Enjoy our many interactive games like the Grocery Game and see if you can buy groceries in the Arctic and stay in budget.
- Your children won't soon forget their encounter with the life-sized Daspletosaurus torosus and its impressive teeth in the Fossil Gallery!
- The Extinction Theatre’s spectacular sound and light show explains how the dinosaurs disappeared. (May not be suitable for very young children).
- Grab a stethoscope and try your hand as a veterinarian at the bird clinic in the Bird Gallery. Learn how to repair a broken wing and care for eggs.
- Learn about different bird calls and how you can identify birds when you go for walks!
- Be fascinated by tarantulas, stick insects, beetles and a hive of honeybees that you can observe up close.
- If your kids like creepy-crawly little critters, then they will love Nature Live. And don't miss our Nature Trade station on weekends and Thursdays after 5 pm.
- Be awestruck by the real skeleton of a blue whale that is featured in our Water Gallery, as well as by the three aquariums.
- Become an explorer and dive into the depths of the ocean in our research submersible.
- Climb aboard our Arctic research vessel and perform the tasks of a scientist.
- In the Earth Gallery, play interactive games and make a volcano!
- Explore a cave and learn about how they are formed.
- Flip through our original comic book that tells the astonishing story of the Buzzard Coulee meteorite, which fell in Canada in 2008.
- Poke your head through an ice floe where a polar bear is waiting with her cub to catch a ringed seal in the Mammal Gallery.
- Find your “hot spots” in front of a cool endothermic camera that reveals your true colours.
- Discover animals in their natural habitats in our eight spectacular dioramas