Service animals are welcome in the museum. Visitors with a service animal should be prepared to produce the appropriate documentation from a regulated health professional that confirms that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Wheelchairs and Scooters
- The Canadian Museum of Nature is wheelchair-accessible.
- Wheelchairs and scooters are permitted in all areas of the museum.
Walking aids, such as canes, crutches and walkers, are permitted in all areas of the museum.
- The museum's parking lot has spaces reserved for visitors with disabilities.
- There is an accessible drop-off area by the main entrance.
- More information about parking.
The museum has two barrier-free ramps:
- one with a grade of about 5% between the main entrance and the reception desk
- one with a grade of about 8% leading to the Lab.
- All washrooms in the museum are accessible.
- Assisted toileting washrooms are located on the basement level, and on the second, third and fourth floors.
- Floor plan.
- Accessible family washrooms are in our basement, second, third and fourth floors.
- All washrooms have a changing table.
- A nursing room is on the ground floor.
- Floor plan.
Our TTY numbers are temporarily out of service.
Admission is free for one person accompanying a person with a disability.
Call us at least 24 hours in advance of your visit to get your ticket:
- 1.800.263.4433 (Canada and U.S.A.).