Services for Visitors
- On-site paid parking for cars is available. Rates and directions.
The museum has no bus parking, but some free spaces are available on the street.
Find out more about where to park your bus.
- Electric vehicles can plug in at one of our two charging stations. (Fees apply).
- Bicycle racks are available at the museum.
Coat Room and Lockers
- The museum has unsupervised racks where you can hang your coat.
- Coin-operated lockers are also available for storing your belongings.
You may borrow one of our strollers, free of charge. Strollers are loaned on a first come, first served basis.
The museum is wheelchair-accessible. More information about accessibility.
Visiting with Kids
- Find out about exhibitions and activities that are designed to make your visit with children educational and fun.
- Assisted toileting (family) washrooms are located on the basement level, and on the second, third and fourth floors.
- All washrooms have a changing station.
- A nursing room is on the ground floor.
Groups of all kinds are welcome to visit the museum. We offer many services and amenities for groups to help make your visit an enjoyable one.
Visitors can access free wireless Internet in the museum.
Free Charging Station
A "regular" power plug and a USB plug are available at the entrance of each gallery and in Nature Café.
Café and Eating Areas
- Our Nature Café offers snacks and light dishes.
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks and meals. Designated eating areas can accommodate small and large groups.
Water to Drink
Water fountains are available on every floor, near each bathroom entrance and in other places. There is no bottled water for sale in the museum.
There is a bank machine (ATM) near the main entrance.
The museum accepts payment in cash, and by debit, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and gift certificate.
We sell gift certificates for membership and admission. Buy them
- at the museum reception desk
- by phone: 613.566.4700 or 1.800.263.4433 (Canada and U.S.A.).
- There is a pay phone near the theatre entrance.
- Cell/mobile phone signals are good almost everywhere in the museum.
Dinosaurs, toys, minerals and more! Discover an exciting selection of souvenirs at the Nature Boutique.
Boutique hours: From 9:30 am until the museum closes for the day.
Photography and Location Shoots
- Visitors may take personal memento photos inside the museum during their visit, except where otherwise noted. Additional lights and tripods are not permitted.
- For your wedding or other event, you may have photos taken in the museum or on the grounds. Fees and conditions.
- The museum offers many unique backdrops for commercial, educational, media-related and fashion location shoots (film and photo). More information.