Nature Sleepovers for Groups
Pack your PJs and flashlight and be ready for some wild discoveries: sleep overnight in a gallery at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
Spend the evening after hours exploring galleries with the guidance of an interpreter and watch a 3D movie.
The sleepover also includes an evening snack and morning breakfast, overnight parking (until 9 am) and next-day museum admission.
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- Younger children are not permitted
- The program is recommended for children up to 12 years old
All children must be accompanied by an adult in the ratio of one adult for every five children.
6:45 pm: Arrival and registration:
- Use the entrance on the east side of the building
7:30 pm: Doors close
7:40 pm: Orientation
8 pm – 9:30 pm: Activities:
- Fossil Gallery: Flashlight tour
- Mammal Gallery: Scavenger hunt
- Nature Live: Live-insect handling
9:30 pm – 10:45 pm:
- 9:35 pm: 3D movie in French
- 10:15 pm: 3D movie in English
- Snack (provided)
- Get ready for your night in the gallery
11 pm: Lights out
7 am: Wake up and pack up
8 am – 8:30 am: Breakfast (provided)
9 am: Museum opens—visit the museum's permanent galleries with your general-admission ticket from the sleepover
Movies: Assistive Listening Devices are available at our reception desk for visitors with hearing loss.
The museum reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the event as required, such as adjusting the location, timing or content of the activities. This is to ensure a safe and excellent experience for all guests at all times.
- $50 per person (tax not included)
- A deposit of $375 is required upon booking
- Full payment is required one month before the sleepover
- Tickets are not transferable and non-refundable (no refund of deposit or full payment).
The minimum number of participants per group to qualify for this group rate: 15.
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, gift certificate.
New dates coming soon.
Additional dates: We may be able to accommodate groups on the family-sleepover dates. Contact us to enquire.
Please read the FAQs before purchasing your ticket to ensure you get the most out of the event.
Each participant is required to sign this waiver (PDF). The group leader is asked to bring the signed forms to the sleepover.
A complete list of participants in your group is required two weeks before your sleepover.
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: