Nature Nocturne—Ottawa’s coolest night out
Nature Nocturne—Ottawa’s coolest Friday night event—is now in its seventh season at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
More than 90,000 adults have enjoyed the Nocturne experience since the program’s debut in 2013. It brings together local artists, performers, cool activities, amazing exhibitions, music, dancing and socializing all in a unique, vibrant setting. A special theme guides the programming for each event.
“Nature Nocturne is an exciting way for adults to discover the museum’s galleries and activities after hours and it provides a great opportunity for an evening out with friends or a date night,” says Canadian Museum of Nature President and CEO Meg Beckel. “This season promises to continue the success of what has become a must-do Ottawa tradition.”
Each Nocturne has a specific theme with a natural-history twist that will guide the evening’s activities, décor and special events. Back this year is La Mezz—an exclusive lounge area for groups seeking a private spot to enjoy the evening. Located on the second level of the rotunda, La Mezz will offer bottle service, serving staff, and trays of appetizers available for purchase. Groups can book their booth in La Mezz in advance with no surcharge above the regular Nocturne ticket; just the price of the bottle they choose.
Below the Mezz balcony, the rotunda will be alive with activity—a dramatic space with creative lighting, sound, music, and programming.
The 2018-19 themes are:
- October 26 – Back in Black (a chic masquerade soirée in black)
- November 30 – Get Your Glow On (light up with radiant dancers, games and creatures that glow)
- December 28 – White Out (dress to be cool—all in white for the night)
- January 25 – Blend In, Stand Out (learn about amazing animal adaptations)
- February 22 – Tropical Escape (escape the cold and bask with some tropical creatures)
- March 29 – Unicorn or Narwhal (immerse yourself in fantasy, fun and fact)
- April 26 – The Deep Blue (plunge into an ocean-inspired evening.)
- May 31 – Flower Power (spring is exploding with colour.)
- June 28 – Super Fly (pterosaurs and other flying creatures)
The radio station JUMP! 106.9 FM returns as the exclusive media sponsor. Their DJs will be rockin’ the Queens’ Lantern as well as the vibrant JUMP! lounge. Beau’s is back this year as the official beer provider. Nocturners can enjoy delicious draft in the Beau’s Lounge (Stone Wall Gallery).
The event lends itself well to selfies and group shots with friends. The wall above the Museum’s grand staircase will once again present a fun gallery of all photos shared by Nocturne-goers on social media with the hashtag #NatureNocturne.
Nature Nocturne runs from 8 PM to midnight.
It’s highly recommended that people purchase their tickets in advance, either online or at the door. Tickets cost $25. Buy them at nature.ca/nocturne.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is at 240 McLeod St, Ottawa. Follow Nature Nocturne on Instagram (NatureNocturne) and at Facebook.com/naturenocturne.
Information for media: