- About Us>
- Museum News>
- For Media>
- Development of the Museum's West-Side Property>
- Advisory to the Neighbourhood—West Side Update
Advisory to the Neighbourhood—West Side Update
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
To whom it may concern:
This neighbourhood advisory is an update on the plans for the west side of the Canadian Museum of Nature, specifically as a follow-up to the RFEI (Request for Expressions of Interest) for a third-party developer of underground parking.
As noted in our October advisory, this action followed meetings with the National Capital Commission, at which it was recommended that the museum explore underground parking once more.
The museum has received responses from potential contractors. The next steps for the museum are as follows:
- Meet with the interested parties to understand their interest
- Inform the NCC on these discussions
- Based on the discussions and business case, the museum will then seek approval from Treasury Board, as appropriate.
For now, this is the current status and we will keep you apprised on any further updates. Although we cannot confirm a specific date at this time, we expect that we will be able to hold a Public Information Session in spring 2013.
For additional information, please visit the museum's web site at nature.ca/west.
President and CEO
Canadian Museum of Nature