- About Us>
- Careers and Volunteering>
- High-School Students Looking for Volunteer Hours
High-School Students Looking for Volunteer Hours
Interested in earning your volunteer hours at the museum? We'd like your help!
Contact us to apply. We ask that you, the student, communicate with us yourself.
These positions are based at the museum in Ottawa, Ontario.
We will provide training and support.
What you would do:
- Interact with visitors during school holidays
- 14 and older: Assist families with nature-themed activities and crafts
- 16 and older: Assist visitors in planning their exploration of the museum.
Good for motivated students:
- Who are 14 or older
- With an interest in natural history
- Who enjoy working with children
- With an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Fluency in English and French is a strong asset
- An ability to speak another language may come in handy.
- During school holidays
- Full- or half-day shifts
- A mandatory training session (usually a Thursday evening).
Come In for Your Screening
Volunteers must undergo a security clearance, including digital fingerprinting.
Screenings for security clearance are done twice a week:
- At the museum (directions)
- Mondays and Wednesdays (except statutory holidays)
- 8 am – 12 pm.
Coordinator, Volunteer Program