Volunteering with School Groups
These positions are based at the museum in Ottawa, Ontario.
What you would do:
- As part of a team, deliver curriculum-based nature workshops to schoolchildren in kindergarten to grade four (direct activities, lead discussions and serve as a resource to assist students in their discoveries)
- Set up and take down materials for the workshop
- Participate in initial and subsequent training.
Good for people with:
- An outgoing and friendly attitude
- An ability to think on their feet
- An affinity for children
- At least a moderate level of fitness (standing for the length of the workshop, following the group up and down stairs, playing games, etc.)
- Fluency in English and French is a strong asset
- An ability to speak another language may come in handy.
- September – May
- Half a day a week
- In English: Tuesday mornings or afternoons, Wednesdays, or Thursday mornings
- In French: Tuesday or Wednesday mornings
- Occasional Mondays for ongoing training
- Intensive training period: September and October.