Advancement Officer, Sponsorship
Advancement Officer, Sponsorship
$54,477 to $66,213 per year
Permanent full-time position
Work location is in Gatineau, Québec (Aylmer sector)
DUTIES: The candidate will be responsible for:
- Actively manage the sponsorship cultivation cycle through research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new sources of funding investments between $10,000 and $100,000 for Museum exhibitions, programs and events;
- Stewarding existing sponsor and partner organisations by working with Museum colleagues to execute sponsor recognition and brand activations;
- Support the Head, Corporate Advancement with the sponsorship cultivation cycle, particularly stewardship activity;
- Raise $220,000 in cash sponsorships and in-kind sponsorships;
- Promote the Museum’s mandate.
The job will require that the successful candidate work some evenings and weekends. Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is mandatory as there is a requirement to travel locally to meetings related to the portfolio of the position. Out of town travel is also a requirement of the position.
OPEN TO: All individuals who meet the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: Completion of post-secondary education in a related field (social sciences, business administration, etc.) or equivalent education and training.
English and French are essential
Bilingual non-imperative: BBB/BBB
(A non-imperative appointment means that the position can be staffed with a person who makes the commitment to become bilingual within a specified timeframe through language training at the CMN’s expense).
- 3- 5 years’ experience working in an advancement, sponsorship or marketing environment;
- Experience in researching sources of information in both traditional (print) and on-line (internet, on-line databases and search engines);
- Experience in managing the entire cultivation cycle: identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate sponsorships over $10,000;
- Experience in creating and implementing sponsorship activations;
- Experience in providing high quality customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Experience working in the cultural not-for-profit sector an asset.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State competition NO.2090-CMN-17-OC-043. Statement of qualifications available by contacting the above e-mail address.
All candidates must submit a cover letter outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please advise the Human Resources Advisor in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: January 8, 2018