- For the Tour Trade
For the Tour Trade
The Canadian Museum of Nature is a part of Ottawa that is not to be missed.
Download the brochure (737 Kb PDF).
- The museum's signature galleries and special exhibitions draw visitors from around the world. Fossils and dinosaurs, mammals, birds, water, Earth—there's something here for everyone.
- It's worth a visit for the architecture alone! The museum is a massive 100-year-old heritage building fondly known as "the castle." It's more than just a landmark; it's a piece of our collective history. Read more about this excellent example of 20th-century architecture.
Organizing a Special Trip for a Group?
- See and learn about our many unique specimens and displays in our Gallery Highlights Tour—the most popular way to experience the museum!
- Don't miss our changing roster of special exhibitions.
- You'll find some good-to-know info about Group Visits.
- Group-tour organizers may also find it helpful to review the information about bus parking and drop-off (284 Kb PDF).
Find out about the attractions of our permanent galleries and admire the remarkable architecture of our heritage building.
(2 min. 43 sec.)
© Ottawa Tourism
Shop at the Museum
Dinosaurs, toys, minerals and more! Discover an exciting selection of souvenirs at the Nature Boutique.
- 10 am – 5 pm
- Thursdays: 10 am – 8 pm
- Closed most Mondays.
- Exceptions (museum hours)
- The boutique opens an hour after the museum.
What's On – Highlights
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following:
“Best museum in Ottawa in my opinion.
They have such a vast assortment of areas and activities that it makes the trip there oh so worth it!...
Definitely recommend this one! „
– Yelp (Tom W.)
The Canadian Museum of Nature is a member of