- For the Tour Trade
For the Tour Trade
The Canadian Museum of Nature is a part of Ottawa that is not to be missed.
Download the profile sheet (PDF).
- The museum's signature galleries and special exhibitions draw visitors from around the world. Fossils and dinosaurs, mammals, birds, water, Earth—there's something here for everyone.
- It's worth a visit for the architecture alone! The museum is a massive 100-year-old heritage building fondly known as "the castle." It's more than just a landmark; it's a piece of our collective history. Read more about this excellent example of 20th-century architecture.
Organizing a Special Trip for a Group?
- See and learn about our many unique specimens and displays in our Gallery Highlights Tour—the most popular way to experience the museum!
- Don't miss our changing roster of special exhibitions.
- You'll find some good-to-know info about Group Visits.
- Group-tour organizers may also find it helpful to review the information about bus parking and drop-off (PDF).
Find out about the attractions of our permanent galleries and admire the remarkable architecture of our heritage building.
(2 min. 43 sec.)
© Ottawa Tourism
Shop at the Museum
Dinosaurs, fossils, minerals and more! Discover an exciting selection of toys, games, books and beautiful jewellery at the Nature Boutique.
- 9:30 am – 6 pm
10 am – 8 pm
What's On – Highlights
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following:
“ Out of all the Museums in Ottawa, this is the best! Love you! „
– Visitor comment
“One of the best museums. We walked from our hotel to the museum and back. The Museum of Nature is doable from almost all the hotels. My family spent 3 hours inside the museum. There is so much to learn and see. My kids enjoyed the Nature museum the best. My husband and myself couldn't believe we spent 3 hours looking at everything. The time just went so fast. It was a rainy day but it did not spoil our exciting & informative day. „
– TripAdvisor (Lina C)
“Best museum in Ottawa in my opinion.
They have such a vast assortment of areas and activities that it makes the trip there oh so worth it!...
Definitely recommend this one! „
– Yelp (Tom W.)
The Canadian Museum of Nature is a member of