This fascinating exhibition showcases dazzling minerals and rocks, and explains how geological forces have shaped our planet.
There are many interactive games and simulations, which visitors of all ages will enjoy:
- build a volcano
- create an earthquake
- check out the fun sedimentator, magmanator and metamorphicator that reveal how different types of rock forms over time
- cool magma to make granite
- cook a rock to create a new one
- examine a rock cycle diorama
- watch a mineral grow
- look inside a smartphone to see the minerals used in its manufacturing process
- discover the stars of the Canadian Mining Hall of Fame
- manipulate a 1.8 metre-high animated globe
- explore a limestone cave with stalactites, stalagmites, and trickling water.
And, of course, the gorgeous, colourful specimens from our world-class collection steal the spotlight, with even more rocks and minerals to behold than before!
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: