Visiting with Kids
A day at the Canadian Museum of Nature is non-stop fun for kids of all ages!
Family Fun, Crafts and More
Check out the information below to see all the family activities and plan your day.
In Our Galleries
All of our galleries and exhibitions feature interactive activities that are a fun way to learn. There are also special play areas where children can transform into a scientist or an explorer!
- Be awestruck by the real skeleton of a blue whale that is featured in our Water Gallery, as well as by the three aquariums.
- Become an explorer and dive into the depths of the ocean in our research submersible.
- Climb aboard our Arctic research vessel and perform the tasks of a scientist.
- In the Earth Gallery, play interactive games and match objects with the metals used to make them.
- Observe crystals and minerals under a microscope.
- Flip through our original comic book that tells the astonishing story of the Buzzard Coulee meteorite, which fell in Canada in 2008. More than 130 fragments have been found to date.
- Be fascinated by tarantulas, stick insects, beetles and a hive of honeybees that you can observe up close.
- If your kids like creepy-crawly little critters, then they will love Nature Live. And don't miss the weekend activities in the Science Corner.
- Your children won't soon forget their encounter with the life-sized Daspletosaurus torosus and its impressive teeth in the Fossil Gallery!
- The Extinction Theatre’s spectacular sound and light show explains how the dinosaurs disappeared. (May not be suitable for very young children).
- Grab a stethoscope and try your hand as a veterinarian at the bird clinic in the Bird Gallery. Learn how to repair a broken wing and care for eggs.