Services for Visitors
- On-site paid parking for cars is available. Rates and directions.
The museum has no bus parking, but some free spaces are available on the street.
Find out more about where to park your bus.
- Bicycle racks are available at the museum.
- The museum has two stations in the Bixi Bike network of self-serve bicycle rentals. The service is suspended in winter; it will resume in April 2014.
Coat Room and Lockers
- The museum has unsupervised racks where you can hang your coat.
- Coin-operated lockers are also available for storing your belongings.
You may borrow one of our strollers, free of charge. Strollers are loaned on a first come, first served basis.
The museum is wheelchair-accessible. More information about accessibility.
Visiting with Kids
- Find out about services and amenities designed to make your visit with children easy and fun.
- Assisted toileting (family) washrooms are located on the basement level, and on the second, third and fourth floors.
- All washrooms have a changing station.
- A nursing room is on the ground floor.
Groups of all kinds are welcome to visit the museum. We offer many services and amenities for groups to help make your visit an enjoyable one.
Visitors can access free wireless Internet in the museum.
Free Charging Station
A "regular" plug and a USB plug are located to the left of the ground-floor stairs for visitors to use. There is another charging station in Nature Café.
Café and Eating Areas
- Our Nature Café offers snacks and light lunch dishes.
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks and meals. Designated eating areas can accommodate small and large groups.
Water to Drink
Water fountains are available on every floor, near each bathroom entrance and in other places. There is no bottled water for sale in the museum.
There is a bank machine (ATM) near the main entrance.
The museum accepts payment in cash, and by debit, VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
- There is a pay phone near the theatre entrance.
- Cell/mobile phone signals are good almost everywhere in the museum.
The Nature Boutique opens a half hour or an hour after the museum, depending on the season. See hours. You do not have to buy admission to the museum in order to shop at the boutique.
Photography and Location Shoots
- Visitors may take personal memento photos inside the museum during their visit, except where otherwise noted. Additional lights and tripods are not permitted.
- For your wedding or other event, you may have photos taken in the museum or on the grounds. Fees and conditions.
- The museum offers many unique backdrops for commercial, educational, media-related and fashion location shoots (film and photo). More information.
We sell gift certificates for admission and membership. Buy them at the museum reception desk or by phone: 613.566.4791 or 1.800.263.4433 (Canada and U.S.A.).