Directions to the Canadian Museum of Nature
240 McLeod Street
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
How to Get Here
If you are on Highway 417 (the Queensway), take the Metcalfe exit, no. 119.
You can see the museum from the highway—look for a "castle" on the north side. If you are heading west, it will be on your right, and if you are heading east, it will be on your left.
Enter the following coordinates, depending on your system:
Latitude: 45° 24' 46" North, longitude: 75° 41' 19" West
GPS data: 45° 24.780'N, 75° 41.330'W
WGS84 data: 45.413, -75.688833
The following OC Transpo buses will take you to the Canadian Museum of Nature:
Route 5, 6: Bus stop at the corner of Elgin and McLeod, one block from the museum
Route 14: Bus stop at the corner of Gladstone and Metcalfe, one block from the museum
Route 1, 7: Bus stop at the corner of Bank and McLeod, two blocks from the museum
Walking from Downtown
The museum is a 20-minute walk from Parliament Hill.
- Metcalfe Street takes you directly to the main entrance of the museum.
- Elgin and O'Connor streets take you to the perimeter of the museum grounds.
- Several bicycle paths run near the museum. More information about the pathway network.
- Bicycle racks are available at the museum.
Delivery vehicles are to use the rear entrance to the museum, on Argyle Avenue.
From there, an access ramp leads to the service entrance on the lower level of the museum.
- 1.800.263.4433 (toll-free in Canada/U.S.A.)
- TTY: 613.566. 4770
- TTY: 1.866.600.8801 (toll-free in Canada/U.S.A.).