Nature Inspiration Awards
The Nature Inspiration Awards recognize individuals and organizations that, through their work or specific projects, encourage Canadians to take an interest in natural history, create links with nature and contribute to its preservation.
This prize is awarded in these categories:
- Not-for-Profit Organization (Small and Medium)
- Not-for-Profit Organization (Large)
A Lifetime Achievement Award also recognizes an individual's remarkable career over a long period of time (more than 25 years).
The nomination period for 2016 is now closed.
The nomination period for 2017 will open in mid-February. Visit this site again at that time for nomination information and forms.
Dates to Remember
September 7, 2016
Announcement of finalists.
November 9, 2016
Award ceremony at the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa.
Prizes Offered to the Winners
- One Grand Prize of $5000 to be given by the winner to the programme of his or her choice
- National recognition through different media, including press release, advertisement in The Globe and Mail and The Walrus, social media, brochure and the Nature Inspiration Awards web pages
- An invitation for two to the award ceremony at the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa on November 9, 2016
- The reimbursement of the travel and accommodation expenses of the winner who will attend the award ceremony; for the Youth Award only: the reimbursement of the travel and accommodation expenses for one or two people to accompany the winner.
Prizes Offered to the Finalists
- National recognition through different media, including press release, advertisement in The Globe and Mail and The Walrus, social media, brochure and the Nature Inspiration Awards website
- An invitation for two to the award ceremony at the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa on November 9, 2016.
Shelley Ambrose, Executive Director/Co-Publisher, The Walrus
Linda Coady, Chief Sustainability Officer, Enbridge
Jack Cockwell, Chairman/CEO, Partners Limited
Philip Crawley, Publisher, The Globe and Mail
John Geiger, CEO, Royal Canadian Geographic Society
Geoff Green, Founder and Executive Director, Students on Ice
Arnold Witzig, Co-Founder, Arctic Inspiration Prize
Meg Beckel, ex officio, President and CEO, Canadian Museum of Nature
Co-ordinator, Nature Inspiration Awards
Previous Finalists and Winners
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following: