Advisor, Pay and Benefits
Advisor, Pay and Benefits
$60, 929 to $74, 474 per year
Permanent full-time position
*Work location is in Gatineau, Québec (Aylmer sector)
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Director, Human the position is responsible for the administration of benefits and payroll to CMN employees. The Advisor, Payroll and Benefits researches, provides analysis of a variety of compensation and benefit issues, processes payroll, provides guidance and counsel to management, employees and/or their families and/or representatives as well as performs other duties as required.
OPEN TO: The general public and employees of the Canadian Museum of Nature who meets the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: Completion of a post-secondary level education in human resources, administration, or a relevant field or equivalent experience and training; Certified Payroll Manager (CPM), Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and / or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation is an asset.
English and French are essential
Bilingual Imperative: BBB/BBB
- Recent and significant demonstrated experience in payroll and benefit administration
- Recent and significant demonstrated experience in dealing with various legislation, regulations and policies relevant to payroll, benefits, pension, income tax, insurance.
- Recent and significant experience in advising and counseling employees on matters regarding payroll and benefits entitlements including disability management issues, WSIB, CSST, HRSDC.
- Significant experience in input, audit and analysis of discrepancies in the computation of payroll entitlements and deductions for employees
- Recent experience using payroll software, HRIS systems, Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and preparation of reports for HR management
- Demonstrated experience in production and balance of remittance reports authorizing payments of federal and provincial income tax, insurance contributions, pension, charities and union dues.
*Recent is defined as experience gathered outside of a program of studies, within the past four (4) years.
** Significant is defined as depth and breadth of experience normally associated with the performance of those duties for a period of approximately three (3) years.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-
State competition NO.2090-17-CMN-OC-042. The job description and the statement of qualifications are available by contacting the above e-mail address.
NOTE: All candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Advisor, Human Resources should you require accommodation to attend an interview or participate in the selection process.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2017