- About Us
Steps across Canada
Make a donation to buy a custom-engraved concrete paving stone for the museum grounds.
New Rooms & Services
Host your event or party at the museum. Improved, fully renovated spaces. Now accepting reservations.
Winner Announcement 2015
Nature Inspiration Awards
Be inspired by the engagement and initiative demonstrated by the 2015 laureats.
Book Them Now!
Please your visitors by offering them one of our full-size travelling exhibitions. Scientifically accurate, they comprise interactive modules that will interest all audiences.
News from the Museum
Join the conversation:
- A nice display for 2014 Brock Award winner @nature_jmgagnon at our Natural Heritage Campus in Quebec t.co/3K0oCp7ems
- And @KidsCBC is coming to @museumofnature on Feb 15! 10am-2pm. Storytime, crafts, Patti, Sid, Bookaboo, Daniel Tiger t.co/zDCFj0Fnbd
- Digging for insects in ice is fun! @JohnSwettenham @MarciIen #Winterlude #Ottawa (join us Feb 6 10-4 at Confed Park) t.co/o8TnPTbtRP
- Join us at Confederation Park 10am-4pm Feb. 6 for this fun ice-digging #Winterlude activity. t.co/kd5V4a7VCn
The Museum's BlogSee all posts »
- House Guests at the Castle
Our museum became the seat of Canada's government after fire destroyed the Parliament Buildings in 1916. The House of Commons and Senate stayed for four years.
- Food for Thought: Fish Fossils and Evolution of the Human Brain
Scott Rufolo writes from Kenya about the importance of tiny fossils in understanding the environment in which our earliest human ancestors lived.
New ArticlesSee all news »
Lichen expert Dr. Irwin Brodo has created a landmark reference to identify more than 2,000 lichens found in North America.
A year of Arctic Exploration, Species Discovery, Nature Inspiration, specimen acquisition, public engagement and more in 2015.